What is an Endowment Fund?
New Ulm Area Foundation has been in existence for over 30 years. It is safe, it is secure, and it is an “endowment fund”.
What is an endowment fund? The most common trait of an endowment fund is that only income generated by the capital investments is available to the organization. Thus, growth of the financial assets is assured, while its income is used toward fulfilling its mission, both necessary operations and granting.
When you make a gift to New Ulm Area Foundation, your donation is deposited and put to work with the advice of a local investment manager, and with regular reviews by our Board of Directors’ Finance Committee. This facilitates increased local oversight.
Unlike a donation to some charitable organizations which might provide a one-time benefit, your gift to New Ulm Area Foundation will provide consistent and on-going granting opportunities into perpetuity.
Your donation to New Ulm Area Foundation truly is “the gift that keeps on giving!”
More reasons to donate
- You want to give back to the community that has given you so much; a safe place where you grew up, a place to raise your family or a community that has supported your business.
- You are passionate about one or more of our focus areas; arts, education, economic development or historical preservation and want to see that your interests are always addressed in the community.
- You want to honor the memory of someone who has passed.
- You want to acknowledge a living person or event such as an anniversary in a meaningful way.
Ways to Donate
There are many ways to donate to New Ulm Area Foundation. Here are a few:
- Cash gifts
- Real Estate
- Personal Property
- Life Insurance
- Trusts with charitable provisions
How to Donate
If you are considering a gift to New Ulm Area Foundation, we would be happy to work with you to help meet your philanthropic goals.
We can arrange for a gift planner that will help you work with your bank, attorney and finance people at no charge to make your donation exactly how you want it and the process as seamless as possible.
If you want help with any donation of stock, real estate, securities or grain you may contact us. Please feel free to call our Executive Director at 507-354-3337 or any of our Board members listed on the About Us page.